Hope you had a great weekend and a nice lazy Sunday, like I am so far.
Today while on one of my favorite sites (HelloGiggles) I stumbled across an article on an awesome artist duo, and here are 10 reasons why they are so cool:
1) They go by Dangerdust.
2) This is because they want to remain anonymous – inspired by artists like Banksy.
3) And it makes sense because they do their work under the cover of night in empty classrooms – hence the “danger” part
4) The “dust” part comes from the fact that their work looks like this –
5) but’s all done with chalk. (say whaaaaa, right?!)
6) They are students, just like us! (At Columbus College of Art & Design)
7) These works help them to stay inspired, in practice, and creatively, for their classwork, and for fun/awesomeness.
8) They include inspiring quotes from amazing people, whose artistic/personal styles they try to emulate.
9) They are awesome at typography.
Here are some more examples of their pieces that I really like:
To see even more, click the links above in 10. I was just blown away this is all done with chalk – and I love the way the medium is unexpected considering how graphic and type-based their style is.
How about you – impressed? Do you think its productive to be an anonymous artist? Which piece is your favorite?
checking out til Tuesday,