Digital Media Artists in Action
Paul Pfeiffer and Cao Fei
1. Watch these two videos and google the artists.
2. In your journals, use the following prompts to compare and contrasts the works of Paul Pfeiffer and Cao Fei.
- Describe Paul Pfeiffer’s work
- Describe Cao Fei’s work
- How does Pfeiffer and Fei’s work deal with place? What sort of “places” are they interested in?
- What is Pfeiffer and Fei’s relationship to digital media? How do they use it?
- How does Pfeiffer and Fei’s work engage spectacle?
- How does Pfeiffer and Fei’s work transform our perceptions of reality?
- What did you like and dislike about Pfeiffer’s work? How can you relate to the work?
- What did you like and dislike about Fei’s work? How can you relate to the work?
3. With your partner, imagine a conversation between Fei and Pfeiffer. Use the word bubble worksheet as a prompt to create a brief conversation between the two artists.
Save as: YOUR_NAME_ word bubble worksheet.JPG
4. Using your conversation between Fei and Pfeiffer as a point of departure, employ Photoshop to create an animated interaction between two characters.
Your gif should relate to Fei and Pfeiffer in any way, and also include:
- Any two characters (they don’t have to be Fei and Pfeiffer)
- At least 8 frames
Save as: YOUR_NAME_ Fei and Pfeiffer.GIF
POST both your .JPG and .GIF files.