Click here for full tutorial!
Open a swatch library
Do one of the following:
- Choose Window > Swatch Libraries > [library name].
- In the Swatches panel menu, choose Open Swatch Library > [library name].
- In the Swatches panel, click the Swatch Libraries Menu button , and choose a library from the list.
Note: PANTONE color libraries are located in the Color Books subfolder (Swatch Libraries > Color Books > PANTONE…).
Create a swatch library
You create a swatch library by saving the current document as a swatch library.
- Edit the swatches in the Swatches panel so that it contains only the swatches you want in the swatch library.
- Select Save Swatch Library from the Swatches panel menu.
To remove all swatches that aren’t used in the document, choose Select All Unused from the Swatches panel menu, and then click the Delete Swatch button .
Edit a swatch library
- Choose File > Open, locate and open the library file. By default, swatch library files are stored in the Illustrator/Presets/Swatches folder.
- Edit the colors in the Swatches panel and save your changes.
Move swatches from a swatch library to the Swatches panel
Do any of the following:
- Drag one or more swatches from the swatch library panel to the Swatches panel.
- Select the swatches you want to add, and select Add To Swatches from the library’s panel menu.
- Apply a swatch to an object in the document. If the swatch is a global or spot-color swatch, the swatch is automatically added to the Swatches panel.